7 Black Owned Businesses You Simply MUST Support!
Yep. These businesses are that awesome. And so are their owners!
- We love supporting our fellow plant-based business friends because we're all on this save the planet journey together. And we all care about the health and betterment of our fellow humans!
- So this month, we're giving the biggest shout out to some of our favorites! Ones who aren't just making a positive impact on the climate but who are fighting against social injustices that plague our nation.
- Join us in supporting some or all of these amazing businesses!
1. Souley Vegan
"Where carnivores won't care that they're not eating meat." - Thrillist
- That's a big statement! Chef Tamearra Dyson is the owner of Souley Vegan, and her Oakland, CA restaurant has been featured on Food Network, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and on Weight Watchers with Oprah Winfrey!
- People are looooooooving Chef Dyson's delicious 100% plant-based authentic Creole menu and completely cruelty-free food. Tamearra left a very promising medical career to start her restaurant in 2007. Today, Souley Vegan is still plugging along, despite being hit pretty hard by COVID. If you're in the area, check them out!
2. Beauty Bakerie
Cashmere Nicole is the founder and CEO of Beauty Bakerie, a cruelty-free, all-inclusive cosmetic brand. She started her beauty brand after a battle with breast cancer and on the wings of a healthier post cancer life.
- Cashmere started Sugar Homes in 2016, which supports the needs of orphaned children worldwide. She also actively vocal about movements like Black Lives Matter, The Dream Act, and The Muslim Ban. Cashmere believes it is her duty to stand up and fight against the injustices in the world using the platform that she's been given!
3. Red Bay Coffee
Been on the hunt for high quality, sustainable coffee delivered to your door?
Red Bay strives to create a sense of community and commonality by hiring people from my diverse backgrounds, especially people of color, women, and people who were formerly incarcerated. Just as importantly, the owner of Red Bay Coffee, Keba Konte, seeks to empower and support local growers and their desire to enter the coffee industry.
- If you're looking for a chill and inclusive coffee hub and you live in the Oakland, CA area, check Red Bay out!
4. Partake Foods
We are looooooving Partake Foods yummy in our tummies vegan cookies and cookie mixes!
- You should head on over to their website and meet Denise Woodard, the CEO and founder of this black-owned business! She started Partake Foods for her allergy-suffering daughter and has continued to grow her brand and inspire current and future people of color who want to enter the food industry. She even offers a mentorship program for future POC entrepreneurs!
- Plus her cookies are kind of amazing. Go buy some. See for yourself!
5. Briogeo Hair
If you haven't heard of Briogeo Hair products yet, you were sure to soon. This brand is making waves in the hair world!
- With all natural hair care products for any and every type of hair, Nancy Twine has been a natural ingredient lover since she was very little. Her products are clean and her brand is transparent. Briogeo has been featured in numerouspublications!
- And based on the rave reviews, we think she's doing a lot of things right!
6. Two Days Off
We don't mean the weekend. We mean the clothing brand!
Two Days Off was started by founder and CEO, Gina Stovall who used her two days a week off from her regular job as a climate researcher to create and build her brand. She was eager to do her part to battle the negative effects on the climate that the fashion industry had created.
- Each gorgeous piece of clothing is handmade from deadstock natural fabrics, and all of this brand's packaging is earth friendly. Every piece is as at ease and classy as Gina is. Two Days Off is also certified Climate Neutral!
7. Maya's Cookies
Honestly, we just couldn't help ourselves. We had to include another cookie business because...well, cookies are life. And avodados.
- Anyway, Maya's Cookies is America's #1 Black-Owned Vegan Gourmet Cookie Company. That means her cookies have won awards and are uber delicious. Her cookies come in all kinds of unique flavors and can be bought in large batches for parties or corporate events.
- We love her and her yummy vegan cookies! Plus they deliver. Bonus.
- Have you tried any of these businesses? If so, let us know what you thought in the comments! Or if you've supported other black owned businesses that we should give a shout out too, let us know!
- We are equal opportunity high fivers!
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.