Plant-Based Bacon Cornmeal Griddle Cakes
- These plant-based hickory bacon cornmeal griddle cakes are perfect for an easy camping meal for your next adventure. With crispy plant-based bacon, fluffy cornmeal pancakes, and a hint of brown sugar, this hassle-free breakfast will give you more time to enjoy the outdoors. Cook them over the fire in a cast iron pan on your next camping trip, or with your family on a lazy Sunday in.
Cornmeal pancake mix
- -3/4 cup cornmeal
- -1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- -2 tablespoons brown sugar
- -1 teaspoon baking powder
- -1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -1 cup of cornmeal pancake mix
- -1 cup of oat milk
- -1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- -2 tbsp of melted plant-based butter
- -4 strips of Prime Roots Hickory Bacon
- Mix together the dry ingredients to make the cornmeal pancake mix: cornmeal, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour into an airtight glass jar.
- To make the pancake batter: whisk together cornmeal pancake mix with the following wet ingredients: oat milk, apple cider vinegar, and melted vegan butter. Use a 1:1 ratio of pancake mix to oat milk.
- In a medium-sized pan or skillet over medium-low heat, pan-fry 2 strips of Prime Roots Plant-Based Hickory Bacon. Flip every minute, until lightly crisped for 6-8 minutes. Set aside and cut bacon strips in half.
- Over medium-low heat in a nonstick pan (or a greased cast iron skillet), use a small ladle to scoop pancake batter evenly onto the pan. Add halved plant-based bacon to the center of the batter. After multiple bubbles begin to form and the bottom side becomes golden brown (about 2-3 minutes), flip and repeat. Serve immediately.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.