Smithfield Look Out: We Just Launched a Better Bacon
- Dear Smithfield Foods,
- We're calling you out.
- Earth Day is a day to celebrate and enforce all the ways we can protect and heal our planet. And honestly? There's simply nothing good or responsible about your tagline or your meat.
- Your meats aren't sustainably sourced. They're not good for humans, pigs, or the planet. Oh and you "Raising Animals With Care"? What a joke. We're pretty certain your pigs would agree with that too.
- Except no one's laughing.
- We're clearly not on the same page when it comes to sustainability and human health.
- Prime Roots is truly about feeding people and planet. It's not just a tagline. It's a fact. We've created bacon and pork products that have more protein than...well, pigs. Our products have zero cholesterol, and no hormones. They are non-GMO, minimally processed, and have absolutely NO antibiotics. Ever.
- Pretty sure you can't say that about any of your meats.
- You say you want to "produce good food in a responsible way." In your 2019 Sustainability Impact Report, you talk about your decreased water usage goal. Ten percent?! That's it?! By 2025 no less.
- That's ridiculous. And where is all that pig manure going? We couldn't find the answer to that, but we're happy to hear you out.
- Producing good food in a responsible – and sustainable – way shouldn't include "humanely" taking care of your pigs in captivity their entire lives before slaughtering them.
- By the way, how do you slaughter them again? Is it through electrocution? Please do tell.
- Well, we're coming for ya. Our brand new line of plant-based bacon tastes, smells, looks, and feels just like...you guessed it, bacon.
- Minus the pigs, wastewater, and negative environmental impact.
- We're calling you out on Earth Day because our future depends on it. People deserve to know that businesses like yours aren't just killing plants and animals. They're killing humans.
- And we just don't play that way. Today or any other day.
- Kind regards,
- Prime Roots
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.