We know, we know.
- The saying is "6 ways to Sunday." But we're extra and we have way more than 6 unique – and delicious – ways to incorporate our vegan bacon into your plant-based diet!
- To think. Bacon used to only be made from pigs and eaten with eggs or pancakes.
- We've come a looooooong way! Check it out.
1. Vegan Bacon Pancake Dippers
Cook up a few strips of Prime Roots Plant Based Bacon (or the whole pack)
on your griddle. Pour your yummy pancake batter over each strip. Boom. pancake diipers. Dip in maple syrup. Whole food plant based protein. Same brekkie taste.
2. Plant Based BLT Guacamole
Yep. For real. We love this guacamole recipe from All Recipes. Add shredded lettuce and plant based bacon crumbles and you have a vegan BLT guacamole dip. Or meal. We're going with meal because guac is one of our favorite vegan foods!
3. Vegan Bacon 'n' Brussels
Bacon has long since made it easier for folks to eat their greens. It's added to everything from Brussels to spinach. Now you can keep your health and your bacon. Boil your Brussels for 5 minutes and then roast them with your favorite plant-based bacon. Crumble bacon when done and sprinkle on top of your Brussels!
4. Vegan Bacon Onion Rings
We didn't come up with this one on our own, folks. But we are veganizing it. The carb cravings can get really, really real sometimes. So we're following this video and replacing bacon with our Plant Based Superprotein Bacon. Try this out and let us know what you think in the comments!
5. BLT Bacon Weave Sandwich
6. Sweet and Savory Plant Based Bacon
There are times you crave cupcakes and times you crave dill pickle flavored potato chips. And there are times when the sweet and salty lines are just...well, blurry. We took a hint from Food Network and recommend pressing each side of your vegan bacon into brown sugar and baking on a cookie sheet.
7. Bacon Banana Bread
Don't knock it till you've tried it! Cook and crumble up some slices of your favorite smoky, crispy vegan bacon and mix it into your favorite plant based banana bread recipe.
8. Bacon Oatmeal
Add two tablespoons of maple syrup (or more if you need some more sweetness) and 2 heaping tablespoons of our Prime Roots Plant Based Bacon to your oatmeal and taste the awesomeness! Smoky, sweet, nutrient dense. A superfoodie start to your day!
9. Plant Based Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Ditch the toppings all together and wrap these vegan jalapeno poppers from Minimalist Baker with your favorite plant based bacon instead! Don't forget to tell her you tried it and where you got the idea!
10. Bacon Maple Jam
We don't care whether you spread this stuff on some fresh made crusty bread or eat it out of the jar with a spoon, but you must
try this vegan bacon maple jam. More of this is always better. Grab the recipe here (oh and, ahem... feel free to replace the vegan bacon in the recipe with ours)!
11. Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
Don't laugh. You know
bacon is life. And here at Prime Roots, we believe bacon can work in almost anything. You already know bacon and chocolate work together. So why not crumble up your favorite vegan bacon and add it to this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe by Nora Cooks?! It's one of our faves!
12. Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Or regular baked potatoes if sweet potatoes aren't your jam. Sweet potatoes are super foods and provide a TON of energy boosting nutrition. Our bacon does that too! So go ahead and pop those potatoes in the oven and fill them full of all your favorite toppings...including bacon.
13. Plant Based Bacon Grits
You might not be from the South if you've never put bacon and cheese in your grits. Or if you've never even heard of grits. That's cool. Check out #43 on this list! Make it vegan with our Plant Based Bacon and some high quality vegan cheddar!
- Whew! That's a lot of ways to eat bacon.
- If you've got some more unique ways to use plant based bacon in your favorite foods, let us know in the comments! We're always on the hunt for new plant based recipes to try out (and possibly even feature on our blog)!
- If you haven't joined our inclusive community of mission-minded foodies yet, we invite you to check it out! It's free to join and you get perks like invites to all our exclusive and online events, free food, and the opportunity to be a Prime Roots Ambassador or Taste Tester – which means even more free food! Drop your email and zip code deets in the form below to