Bacon Keto Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests
- Sometimes you want pizza, sometimes you want muffins, and sometimes you want an easy vegan keto dinner to stay healthy and balanced. The good news is that you don't have to choose—this vegan comfort food is the full package.
- - 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
- - Freshly ground black pepper
- - 1/3 c. grated vegan parmesan
- - 1 1/2 c. shredded vegan mozzarella
- - 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and be careful not to scoop out the spaghetti squash itself. Coat cut side of spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake until tender and lightly golden brown along the edges, about 45 minutes to an hour. Reduce heat to 375°F when finished baking.
- 3. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before using a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti pieces. Place into a bowl and combine with vegan parmesan and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Transfer 1/4 cup squash to a greased muffin pan, pressing down on bottoms and side to create cups. Repeat until the muffin tin is full. Place in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes.
- 5. In a pan over medium-low heat, fry Prime Roots Plant-Based Bacon and flip every minute or so until crispy. Let cool for 10 minutes and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- 6. Spoon pizza sauce into each cup, top with vegan cheese and bacon bits. Bake again, 8-10 more minutes, or until vegan cheese is melted. Broil at 500° for a few minutes if desired for extra bubbly mozzarella and crispy edges around the nests.
- Top with parsley and serve.
- Did you make this recipe? Be sure to tag us @primeroots and hashtag #primeroots so we can see your tasty creations!
- Want more recipes and meal inspiration? Be sure to join our super cool community of foodies and home cooks in our private Facebook group.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.