These yummy vegan mozzarella sticks are made that much better wrapped in our Prime Roots plant-based bacon! The crispy, fried bacon along with the ooey, melty vegan mozzarella is the perfect combination. One thing we've learned is when in doubt, wrap it in bacon!
- - 8 oz. vegan mozzarella cheese
- - 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- - 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs (make sure it's vegan)
- - 1 package Prime Roots bacon
- - Frying oil with high smoke point
- Chop your vegan mozzarella into 1/2 inch sticks.
- Add oat milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add Italian breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour to another bowl. You will be using these three bowls to bread your mozzarella sticks.
- Coat mozzarella sticks into oat milk mixture. Then, drop it into the flour and coat. Put mozzarella in oat milk mixture again, and then finally into the breadcrumbs. Use separate forks for wet mixture and dry mixtures to dip mozzarella sticks to prevent clumping.
- Wrap in Prime Roots vegan bacon and secure with a toothpick. Repeat for the rest of your mozzarella.
- Freeze sticks for at least 30 minutes.
- While mozzarella sticks are in the freezer, preheat frying oil.
- Fry in 375 degree oil for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown and bacon is crispy.
- Optionally serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!