FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $100+ TO CA,NV,AZ,OR,WA,ID,UT,CO
1. In a small pot over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar and sugar to a gentle boil. Whisk to combine.
2. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium heat. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. The amount of time this takes will vary greatly depending on the quality of your balsamic vinegar (higher quality vinegar will thicken much more quickly). This time can range anywhere between 10-45 minutes. Test every 10 minutes or so by dipping a metal spoon into the mixture. If the spoon is coated with a thick consistency, remove from heat. Let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Lightly brush crust with oil, and sprinkle with cornmeal (optional)
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat up 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil. Fry strips of bacon, flipping every minute or so until crisp. Remember you will be adding the pizza to the oven, so don't overcook the bacon! Let cool and tear into bite-sized pieces.
6. In a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, saute onions for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Assemble pizza: drizzle crust with balsamic glaze, vegan mozzarella cheese, bacon, and onions. Hold off on the basil until after the pizza has baked.
8. Bake pizza for 10 minutes, or until mozzarella is fully melted and figs are lightly caramelized.
9. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
Boom. Healthy for you and the planet. Get-in-your-belly delicious!
We love love notes! Drop us a comment if you tried this one out and tell us what you think? Did you change it up? Add anything? Subtract anything?
Take a food selfie and tag us on Instagram @primeroots for a chance to be featured on our page!
Comments will be approved before showing up.