Caramelized Apple Bacon Focaccia
- This bacon apple focaccia is the perfect comfort food for a cozy autumn day. Impress your family and friends with this easy-to-make dinner recipe that will have you all grabbing for seconds. Try it with our Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon for woody, floral notes. Made in under 20 minutes, this fancy dish is great for a hassle-free dinner party.
- 1 slab of focaccia, store-bought
- 3-4 strips of Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon
- 8 oz of plant-based ricotta
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 apples, sliced (we love honeycrisp and fuji)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pan-fry Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, flipping every 1-2 minutes. Once cooked, remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat up oil. Saute onions and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes, or until caramelized. Add apples. Make sure mixture is evenly distributed and spread apart to avoid steaming and to ensure a crispy texture. Stir occasionally until fully caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Assemble focaccia: add plant-based ricotta, apple-onion mixture, rosemary, and plant-based bacon. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.