Bacon is love, folks. But chocolate covered bacon?! Wait...chocolate covered vegan bacon that's healthy for you aaaaaaaaand tastes as mouthwateringly delicious as the real deal?
- We say heck yeah! Plant-based eating for the win...again.
- We know you'll fall in love with this recipe as much as we have! Because they. are. bomb. Plus it's the easiest and healthiest plant-based dessert breakfast recipe you'll ever make!
- - 1 8oz pack of Prime Roots Bacon
- - 1 cup brown sugar
- - 1/8 tsp of cayenne or 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- - 1 1/2 cups semisweet dark chocolate chips
- - extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- - sea salt flakes
Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Place bacon strips on a wire rack over a baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Lightly brush bacon with a high-smoke point oil.
- Whisk brown sugar with some chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Generously coat strips with brown sugar. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown at 350 degrees.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Let bacon cool until safe to handle. Dip bacon strips into melted chocolate and set on a cool baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Malden sea salt flakes. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to let cool.
That's it! Easy peasy, right?
Check out our menu of mouthwatering meats and meals!