This plant-based version of Gordon Ramsay's Bacon Jam Toast will definitely become your new favorite vegan brunch recipe. With caramelized shallots, a hint of coffee, and brown sugared vegan bacon using Prime Roots Plant-Based Superprotein Bacon, this breakfast dish is the perfect wedding between sweet & savory flavors.
- - 2 slices of sourdough bread, sliced
- - 2 tbsp of vegan butter
- - 4 strips ofPrime Roots Plant-Based Superprotein Bacon, chopped
- - 8 oz JUST egg
- - 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- - 3.5 oz coffee
- - 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- - 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- - 1-2 tbsp of chives, chopped
- - pinch of flakey salt
1. Over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet, heat up vegan butter. Add sourdough slices and toast for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side. Set aside.
2. Change stovetop heat to medium. Add shallots and caramelize for 4-5 minutes until fragrant and golden brown, stirring infrequently to allow the shallots to caramelize.
3. Add Prime Roots Plant-Based Superprotein Bacon
to pan, stirring with slightly higher frequency. Let it caramelize for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown and lightly crispy.
4. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, and coffee. Simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. In another skillet over medium heat, add JUST egg and scramble frequently for 6-8 minutes until softly scrambled.
5. Assemble toast: add bacon jam, scrambled egg, chives, and flakey salt.