FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $100+ to CA,NV,AZ,NM,OR,WA,ID,UT,CO
Whether its too hot or too cold to grill, these skewers are a win "grilled" in the oven. They say to eat the rainbow, and you certainly are with this recipe. Fuel your body with flavorful plant-based goodness and nutrients that reduce aging, increase immunity, and give you the energy your body needs!
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes, if using. Skip this step if you have metal skewers! Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain and squeeze excess moisture out of tofu by wrapping in a clean reusable towel or paper towels. Add a heavy weight on top to press out moisture for at least 30 minutes. The drier the tofu, the crispier the tofu will be after the baking process. Cut into cubes.
3. In a large bowl, combine tofu cubes with olive oil and salt. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss, and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Combine all teriyaki sauce ingredients (except arrowroot starch and water) in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot starch and filtered water to create a slurry. Add to teriyaki sauce. Remove from heat.
6. Prepare bacon according to package instructions. Par-roast bacon and do not overcook as you will be putting it on the grill with the rest of the vegetables.
7. Add tofu cubes, bacon, and assorted veggies to skewers. Lightly brush skewers with olive oil.
8. Heat up a cast-iron stovetop grill over medium-high heat. Add droplets of water to cast-iron skillet after a few minutes to test that it's fully heated, then brush with a neutral high smoke point oil like refined coconut oil, sunflower oil, rice bran oil, or grapeseed oil. Grill each side for a few minutes, undisturbed to allow skins to char. Repeat on each side until fully grilled.
9. Serve with teriyaki sauce and a squeeze of lime juice (optional).
Trust us, these skewers are worth the effort! And they make amazing leftovers...if there are any!
Comments will be approved before showing up.