Lizzo's Ricotta Toast with Plant-Based Bacon
- Lizzo's got it right - ricotta toast is the new avocado toast! We decided to step it up another notch by adding our Plant-Based Hickory Bacon for an easy breakfast. Layered with roasted cherry tomatoes and drizzled with agave, this ricotta toast recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- - 2 slices of white or whole grain bread
- - 2 tbsp of plant-based ricotta toast
- - 1/4 cup of mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- - a small handful of arugula
- - 1 tsp of agave
- - 3 strips of Prime Roots Plant-Based Hickory Bacon, cut in half
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- - dash of red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- 1. Place sliced bread in your toaster and toast for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- 2. In a medium or large pan over medium-low heat, heat up 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil or another plant-based oil with a high smoke point. Add strips of Prime Roots Plant-Based Bacon and fry for 10-12 minutes until crispy, flipping every minute. Set aside.
- 3. Using the same pan over medium heat, add cherry tomatoes. Stir occasionally to allow cherry tomatoes to caramelize until lightly charred, about 4-5 minutes.
- 4. Lather toast with plant-based ricotta, plant-based bacon, cherry tomatoes, and arugula. Drizzle with agave. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and red pepper chili flakes. Serve immediately.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.