FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $100+ to CA,NV,AZ,NM,OR,WA,ID,UT,CO
Did someone say scones?! Yep. We sure did.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare Prime Roots bacon: lightly grease a frying pan with refined coconut oil (or another high smoke point oil). Saute bacon strips on medium-low heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool. Chop into small pieces.
3. Prepare the scone dough: add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
4. Add cold coconut oil in chunks and cut into dry mixture with a pastry cutter or fork until coconut oil is in pea-sized chunks. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. Prepare the flax egg: mix flax meal with water and let thicken for up to 5 minutes. Add to dry mixture along with coconut cream.
6. Stir and finish by kneading together for a minute until everything is combined.
7. Flour a smooth surface and knead dough out into a large disk, about an inch thick. Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter or knife.
8. Place scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Prepare the icing: whisk together all ingredients.
10. Once scones are done, let cool. Drizzle with icing and top with bacon.
Prime Roots delivers delicious, nutritious plant-based meats and meals to your door. Freshly made from our hearts to your belly. For people and planet.
Want to be in the know when we offer freebies, giveaways, and launch new products? Join the free community! We'll only send you emails when they're meaty. Promise. Just drop your email and zip deets below or check out the community page for more info!
Comments will be approved before showing up.