Now we've heard of many different takes on pizza. The pizza bagel, pizza rolls, pizza grilled cheese, you name it. We present to you the pizza taco. Pizza tacos are super easy to make, thanks to street taco style tortillas you can buy at the grocery store. If you're missing some of the traditional flavors of tacos in this pizza version, feel free to add taco toppings like pico de gallo, cilantro, even sour cream! You won't have to choose between pizza and tacos anymore.
- - 4 small flour tortillas
- - 1/4 pizza sauce
- - 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- - Prime Roots Plant-Based Beef
- - Prime Roots Plant-Based Bacon
- - 1/4 cup chopped onion
- - 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- - 2 tbsp olives
- - Pico de gallo
- - Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry up a few strips of Prime Roots plant-based bacon. Chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté some Prime Roots plant-based beef until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each flour tortilla.
- Add cooked Prime Roots bacon and Prime Roots ground beef.
- Add desired pizza toppings, we used onions, mushrooms, and olives.
- Top with vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with dried parsley. Optionally, add pico de gallo and cilantro.