Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon Melon Appetizers
- Featuring our Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon, these bacon melon appetizers are perfect for a refreshing summer side dish. Made with juicy cantaloupe bites, crispy bacon, and creamy mozzarella made from plants, this showstopping recipe is guaranteed to impress at your next dinner party.
- - 1 small cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- - Prime Roots Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon, halved
- - 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil (for cooking bacon)
- - 1 8-oz pack of plant-based cheese, mozzarella or ricotta (crumbled)
- - 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- - toothpicks
- - drizzle of agave (optional)
- - red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Prepare Prime Roots Plant-Based Black Pepper Bacon according to package instructions. In a pan over medium-low heat, heat up 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil. Pan-fry plant-based bacon for 10-12 minutes for a crispy texture, flipping every minute.
- Thread melon cubes onto toothpicks, followed by crumbled plant-based cheese, basil, and plant-based bacon.
- Drizzle with agave and red pepper chili flakes. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.