Plant-Based Maple Bacon Waffle Cone
- The season for campfires and cookouts is here - which means we couldn't leave you hanging without a tasty and easy recipe for your next adventure. Featuring our Plant-Based Maple Bacon, these dessert waffle cones are perfect for melting over a fire during your next summer camping trip. Wedge our plant-based bacon in-between this fruity, chocolate-y gooeyness for a special treat. This waffle cone dessert packs a crunch that will make your trip even more memorable.
- - waffle cones
- - Prime Roots Plant-Based Maple Bacon, cut into small strips or small bits
- - dark chocolate chips, dark chocolate gems, candies, etc.
- - fruits: strawberries, raspberries, sliced peaches, nectarines, etc.
- - nut butters: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
- - plant-based mini-marshmallows
- - chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, etc.
- - pinch of salt (optional)
- - aluminum foil for wrapping
- Prepare your campfire or fire pit. Pan-fry bacon strips or bits in a cast-iron skillet for 8 minutes until lightly crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, stuff a waffle cone with a small handful of mini marshmallows so the chocolate does not melt through. Then, continue to stuff waffle cone with unique toppings of choice: chocolate, mini marshmallows, plant-based bacon bits or strips, peanut butter, etc. Stuff the waffle cone over the brim as the toppings will eventually melt down. Finish with a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce or plant-based caramel sauce. If desired, you can also add a pinch of salt to top everything off. Repeat for as many waffle cones as you'd like.
- Tightly wrap waffles with aluminum foil (double-wrapping is recommended). Make sure to not break the waffle cones when wrapping them tightly.
- Using long tongs, place waffle cone wraps over a grill or campfire. Heat waffle cones for 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.