Ravioli Grilled Cheese Sandwich
In honor of our #MyRavioliRemix, we're remixing ravioli by putting ravioli inside a ravioli - grilled cheese sandwich style! Gooey deliciousness and fried until golden brown - this "raviolioli" is Hot Pocket's sassy best friend. Featuring Prime Roots Plant-Based Sausage Ravioli.
- - 2 slices of sandwich bread
- - 2 slices of vegan cheese (provolone or cheddar recommended)
- - 1/2 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted (for the "egg" wash)
- - 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil, melted (for frying the sandwich)
- - 2 pieces of Prime Roots Plant-Based Sausage Ravioli
- Microwave refined coconut oil in a small bowl for 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Bring a small pot of water to a gentle boil. Simmer two pieces of Prime Roots Plant-Based Sausage Ravioli for 5-7 minutes. Drain and gently dry with a towel.
- Carefully slice off crusts of sandwich bread with a small knife. Apply a thin layer of vegan cheese on the bottom sandwich bread slice. Add sausage ravioli. Dip a pastry brush in melted coconut oil and lightly brush the edges of the bread.
- Top with the other half of the sandwich bread. Try not to stack the layers too high or else it will be difficult to close the sandwich. Lightly brush the edges of the top bread slice.
- Take a fork and press the bread slices together to meld them together, so the end result looks like a giant ravioli (with ravioli inside!)
- On a cast iron or stainless steel frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp of refined coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add sandwich and let it grill for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side. Serve while hot.
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.