Salted Caramel Bacon Mug Cake
Is there any dessert that's better than one you get all to yourself? We believe that sharing is caring.
- Just not with desserts ;-)
- Really though, this vegan mug cake is the absolute bomb.We've even included a gluten-free option! And, of course, it wouldn't be us if we didn't include our smoky, crunchy Plant Based Bacon!
- What more could you ask for? It's a single serving, easy to make, vegan dessert with bacon!
- - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mug Cake Dough
- - 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (to make gluten-free: substitute with 1/4 cup oat flour)
- - 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- - 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- - 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- - 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (only if making gluten-free)
- - 2 tablespoons + 1 tsp oat milk
- - 1 teaspoon melted vegan butter
- - 1 scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream
- Over medium heat in a small saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and vegan butter to a gentle boil. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature. Sprinkle in salt.
- In a large mug, whisk together dry ingredients: all-purpose flour (or oat flour if using), brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Place 1 tsp of vegan butter in a small bowl and heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds until fully liquidated.
- In another small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: applesauce, oat milk, and melted vegan butter. (If making gluten-free, also add 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar to help it rise more). Add to dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, lightly grease the pan with refined coconut oil or another high smoke-point oil. Add 1 or 2 strips of Prime Roots Bacon. Flip every minute until crispy. Set aside to let cool. Chop into bite sized pieces
- Drizzle mug cake with caramel sauce and bacon bits. Add optional vegan vanilla ice cream (we highly recommend it!)
- Oh wait! We forgot an ingredient!
- Your most special, favorite mug. Because the mug makes everything better.
- Have you joined our uber cool community of foodies yet? No? Check it out. It's free to join and you get perks like invites to our exclusive online and in-person events, access to our Ambassador and Taste Tester programs (aka free food), and you're the first to know about give aways, freebies, and new products!
Check out our FAQs for more info.
More questions? Contact us at Hello@PrimeRoots.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.